I woke up yesterday morning to the amazing news that Ambition in the City nominated my blog for the Liebster Award! I am so grateful for her nomination. I have been blogging for about two months now and have been truly touched to hear back from people who have been able to relate and take something positive from what I am writing about. I am truly inspired to continue sharing my journey 🙂
Here are the rules to the Liebster Award:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and create 11 questions for your nominees. (Blogs must have 200 followers or less. Let the blogger know you have nominated them).
- Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Responses to Ambition in the City:
1. What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
The first thing I would do if I won the lottery is to go on a traveling spree. I know that is not very humanitarian, but to be perfectly honest that is the first thing that came to mind. Drop everything and go travel the world…sigh.
2. If you could live anywhere on earth (and take whomever you wanted along), where would it be?
I would love to live in Santa Monica, California. Although I love traveling out of the country, I love living in the US and don’t see myself wanting to permanently move somewhere else at the moment. I like Santa Monica because it is by the beach, the city is beautiful, the weather is nice, and because of all the artists that perform on the streets.
3. What do you admire most about yourself?
I admire my persistence the most. I have gone through plenty of moments in my life where I feel very down about myself, buy my persistence never seems to abandon me for too long. I love that I have a deep sense that with persistence anything can be achieved and overcome.
4. What would you most like to change about yourself?
My inability to accept and appreciate myself as I am at the moment. This is a goal that I have mentioned before in my blog and am currently working on now. I don’t doubt that I will get there one day because I am so passionate about it and will continue working and writing about it in the hopes that it will not only help me get through it, but also help others struggling with self acceptance get there too. 🙂
5. What’s something that you’ve learned recently?
I recently learned how to sing while playing the piano. It’s not very good at all but it’s still enjoyable to do so I will continue doing it. I learned to sing and play “Us” by Regina Spektor.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is when people talk over me. I am usually the listener in conversations and don’t like interrupting people, so I find it very frustrating when I am trying to say something and people don’t return the courtesy to listen to what I have to say.
7. What are your three most favorite things to do?
Writing, spending time with my loved ones and traveling 🙂
8. What inspires you to write?
Ever since I was able to write I have been writing as a hobby. I just enjoy getting my thoughts down on paper, my fears, my dreams, my aspirations, etc. I enjoy the feeling of reflecting on life and then writing it down. It’s my way of expressing myself, my art.
9. Best book you’ve read recently.
The Alchemist. I had heard a lot about it and decided to read the short book and was absolutely blown away. I loved the book. It has such an inspirational and uplifting message.
10. If you could be extremely good at any one thing, what would it be?
I wish I was extremely good at finding the good in myself, others and the world. I think that people who are able to do this bring a positive energy in this world and to those around them.
11. What are you waiting for?
Great Question! I’ll start opening my eyes to all the good around me now 🙂
My 11 Random Facts
- One of my biggest time wasters is reading the articles on Yahoo. I can spend hours reading through them instead of working on homework.
- I graduated a year early from high school and have been working full time and going to college ever since.
- My two favorite shows are Anthony Bourdaine and The Office.
- I am going to China this year for my 24th birthday.
- I love indie music and finding new artists.
- I love reading about how artists and famous people got started on Wikipedia even though it might not be the most reliable source.
- One of my favorite hobbies is to read song lyrics and try and figure out what their meaning is.
- I am fascinated by meditation and am currently educating myself on the subject and practicing it.
- I admire yogis for their physical and mental strength and would like to one day become a yogi myself.
- I love nature and camping.
- I have been to Mexico, the Dominican Republic, The Cayman Islands, Colombia, Panama, and Costa Rica so far. I’m ready for Europe 🙂
My 11 Nominees:
My 11 Questions for the Nominees:
- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- Out of all of the things you’ve done, what are you most proud of?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you could accomplish only one more thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Who do you admire the most and why?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- Name three things you like about yourself?
- If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger self?
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
Good luck to all my nominees and thanks again to Ambition in the City for Nominating me.